Survival Tips on
Robert's Rules of Order
Need a Parliamentarian?
Let me tell you how a Professional Parliamentarian can help your organization.
- Interactive Workshop: A Professional Registered Parliamentarian will help your Officers, Board Members, and Delegates understand the strategies in Parliamentary Procedure that can lead to the success of a motion: namely Moving, Debating, and Amending a Motion; Referring a Motion; Reconsidering the Vote on a Motion; Rescinding a Motion; Adopting or Defeating a Motion; etc.
- Ideal conditions: 3 to 6 hours on one day, or more hours over several days; and 10 to 20 in attendance.
- Specializing in Robert's Rules of Order
- Specializing on the Brown Act of 1953 (a California Open Meetings Law)
[See My notes; My handout]
- Business Meeting Parliamentarian: A Professional Registered Parliamentarian will serve as a Parliamentarian during your Board Meeting, Business Meeting, Annual Session, or Convention.
- This will involve a planning meeting before the actual meeting to review the Bylaws, Constitution, Agenda, and Minutes in relation to the potentially confrontational issues at the Business Meeting.
- During the Business Meeting the Parliamentarian will participate in an unobtrusive manner unless the meeting requires his vocal participation.
- After the Business Meeting the Parliamentarian will review with you the ways to improve your next meeting.
- Bylaws Advisor: A Professional Registered Parliamentarian will serve to create or solidify your Bylaws, Standing Rules, Special Rules of Order, or other procedural documents.
- Presiding Officer: A Professional Registered Parliamentarian will serve as a neutral Presiding Officer during any part of a Business Meeting where objectivity is the only solution. Or, will train your officers to preside over the next meeting.
The fee is based on the number of contact hours, the number in attendance (only if copying of handouts is necessary); the task; and the expenses (i.e., hotel, mileage, parking, meal, etc.)
In Northern California (Sacramento area and more), contact this Professional Registered Parliamentarian:
Lorenzo R. Cuesta, PRP
In Southern California, please visit the State List of Parliamentarians.
Professional Registered Parliamentarian
(916) 203-6894 cellular
Member of National Association of Parliamentarians and American Institute of Parliamentarians